- Home / Gambling
Is gambling becoming a serious problem for you?
If you are worried about your gambling you can use this QUIZ to find out if it is becoming a problem.
For each question there are four possible responses:
Never (score 0)
Sometimes (score 1)
Most of the time (score 2)
Almost always (score 3)
Jot down your answers on a piece of paper
Think about the last 12 months
|Have you ever bet more than you could really afford to lose?||0||1||2||3|
|Have you needed to gamble with larger amounts of money to get the same feeling of excitement||0||1||2||3|
|Have you gone back on another day to try win back money you have lost?||0||1||2||3|
|Have you borrowed money or sold anything to gamble?||0||1||2||3|
|Have you felt you might have a problem with gambling?||0||1||2||3|
|Have people criticised your betting or told you that you had a gambling problem, whether or not you thought it was true?||0||1||2||3|
|Have you felt guilty about the way you gamble or what happens when you gamble?||0||1||2||3|
|Has your gambling caused you any health problems, including stress or anxiety?||0||1||2||3|
|Has your gambling caused any financial problems for you or your household?||0||1||2||3|
What does your score mean?
- 0You experience no issues with gambling. However, keep an eye on your gambling so It does not become a problem in the future.
- 1-2A low-risk gambler – you experience few, if any issues with gambling. However, keep an eye on your gambling so it does not become a problem in the future.
- 3-7A moderate risk gambler – you experience some issues with gambling. Now is the time to take practical steps to ensure your gambling remains under control. Visit gamblershelp.com.au
- 8+A high risk gambler – there are many ways to get help. Find the support that’s right for you at gamblershelp.com.au.For immediate help call 1800 858 858.It’s free, confidential and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Community Visitor’s Scheme (CVS)
- Settlement Services
- Curbing Radicalisation Through Youth Resilience and Community Partnerships Project (Conclusion)
- ‘Teeth Tales’ Program Conclusion